expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday 20 September 2023

Japan Day 23 - from Kusatsu back to Tokyo

 09/04/2023
Kusatsu back to Tokyo


Opened the curtain and saw snow accumulated, so it snowed last night!  This was crazy in mid Apr!

Breakfast was send into the room on this small table with rollers.
I decided to push the trolley into my sons room so that we could eat together.

The server at the corridoor had a shock when I pushed the table out of my room, she thought why I rejected the food.  I used body language to tell her I was going to the other room, then she was finally relieved, I felt so bad to make her worried lolxx...

We checked with the reception to find out the bus schedule and decided to leave in 2 hours.
My initial plan was to stay and explore the whole day, but we were all going to get sick for not wearing enough.

Stepped out, delighted to see snow here and there although we were all freezing.

The cars lolxx... owners would had to sweep off the snow before they could drive.
The parts of the road became slippery.

Kosenji Temple (faintz at the flight of stairs)

I climbed half way only.

The view from where I stood, could see the whole Yubatake, wow....

A friend told me this breed of dog is called Akita.  The owner was very proud of it and allowed me to take photo with it.
It was so cute, fur so super soft omg...
The little shop houses were really cute.

Frozen with ice lolxx...

Went into a shop selling duckie cookies.
Looked cute but nothing special but tasted nothing special.
I bought a small box and they gave us a small rubber duckie.

Candies or something...

Kusatsu Rilakkuma.  Was so tempted to buy, it's expensive... S$22 T__T
So photos were the only FOC thing I could afford.
Cuteness too difficult to ignore.

Chanced upon monkey show.

It's about S$5 for a 20mins (roughly) show.

No video/photo during the show, but we get to take some pics after the show.
The monkeys looked fine and well fed though probably not too happy having to perform.  "Animal lovers" are going to preach but that's not my concern.

The boys found something fun to do.
It's not cheap but for the fun of it.

No idea what food stall this was.

Pass by REAL onsen egg booth.
Delicious without fishy taste, it was S$1.50 or something.

Cute vintage post barrels box.

BBQ stalls.

We bought a chicken skewer.
Kinda ex, but was packed with delicious juiciness!

I purposely sneaked into as many shops as possible so that Luis could be with the heater (he wore the least clothes with thin layers).
This was a rice cracker shop with strong heater lolxx...

They had a take and go counter and also rice crackers with packaging.
Bought some to try, so that we could sit with the heater for a while.
It's rice cracker though it didn't look like one.

Stupid boys seating outside until I came out to shove them in.

This bar was not opened..... but....

Why they write such an offensive note at the door?!?
They could just put it in a nice way that the servers/workers could only speak Japanese.

Walked pass a pagoda.

Beautiful building.
This came one of our most memorable experience in our 26 days tour.
Last pic with snow of Apr.


It was freezing although the sun was strong.
My son said I must had took more than a thousand pics of the Yubatake.  I couldn't help it, I wished I could shrink it, pocket it and bring it back home (like a toy).  The chance of re-visit is very slim, I don't know how I could treasure the view any more...  I didn't want to leave but we had to...
Incredible Yubatake.
The sky was so blue.

My under dressed boys, waahaahaa... so we had to go before they turned into ice tubes.

Last pic with beautiful Lawson.

Oyado Yukizumi boutique hotel goodbye.

Walked to the opposite bus terminal.

Chanced upon express bus!  No stops, went straight to the train station.
Yay!
Scenery along the way.  Saw Mt Fuji's cousin.

Color of river in magical turquoise blue.

Going to stop over at Takasaki station, merely to buy Daruma dolls without knowing the surprise waiting.
During the train ride, I slowly take off my stocking and pyjamas, heeheehee... the temperature was back to 18-20 degrees.

We alight on the platform and saw banner which we couldn't understand and a "semi mascot" lolxx...
We guessed that a special train was arriving, decided to hang around and waited to see what happened.

10mins later......
.
.
.
.
.
D51 498 Locomotive, a vintage charcoal train came.
It's so GORGEOUS, looking very much the train in Demon Slayer.
I was so overwhelmed that I started crying, literally crying with tears all over.
Son: Omg... why are you crying??
Me: I am too happy.... (cried even louder lolxx....)
Son: Wtf... (walked away, pretend not to know me)

This choo-choo train.

You can see a carriage of charcoal in this pic.

Sorry it's me again.
My gawd...

This was the interior in one of the carriage.

It's very childish, but I didn't care.

We left the platform, walked around in the station.

My Daruma doll, Luis bought a smaller one in purple color, also a few small ones as souvenirs.

By the time we reached Tokyo it was already night.

Regretted not buying.
The local market had fresh veg cheaper than Singapore, really felt like cooking unfortunately we were not staying in an Airbnb.

Food trucks which we didn't see previously, maybe they only come during weekends?

After 10mins of snail walk, reached our Mustard Hotel.
Freshened up a bit and headed out for dinner.

This small maze soba eatery at one corner of Shimokitazawa shopping street.
Another place that excepts only cash... haiz...
The owner loved to draw, that's the eatery's very own cartoon.
This was our first time having fierce spicy food in Japan, extra tissues needed for running nose and burning lips lolxx...
Sibei spicy, delicious slurps.

The next day, we went back to Asakusa for photo shot.  We were very happy with the results, can't wait to show off the photos!

While you are reading this, I had bought air tickets to Thailand leaving in a week's time heehee....

This time excitement was accompanied with a lot of worries cos I bought from Airasia (cos have to fly back with my little sis and niece who joined us at the second part of our tour).  To make the already bad worst, I unknowingly bought from a third party online agent, cos the offical website auto re-direct to this agent.  I can only cross my fingers and wish that nothing screws up, if suay suay the flight overbooked, Darren (my elder son) and I will be the first to get bumped out, I will have nobody to blame except for myself for flying with budget airline.  But if everything is smooth, it will be the best bargain ever cos the air tix was soooooooooo cheap.

Will share more in time to come.

I just recovered from a very bad stomach, so I am now trying to "give birth" to more posts, at least to finish all posts for Japan.

Thanks for staying with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment