expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday 29 May 2019

Siem Reap with Tuesday Report Day 5


Day 1 Click HERE
Day 2 Click HERE
Day 3 Click HERE
Day 4 Phrea Khan Temple Click HERE
Day 4 Ta Nei and Bayon Temple Click HERE
Day 4 Banteay Srei Temple Click HERE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Destination: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Duration: 5D4N, 14 Feb to 18 Feb 2019
Mode of Travel: Self-organised.  We had 3 private vans for transport and local guide (www.facebook.com/Jeepxplr) who's now a very dear friend to us
Flight: Jetstar
Hotel: Khmer Mansion Boutique Hotel (Apsara Double Pool View Suite - $379) and one night at Khmer Mansion Residence
www.khmermansionresidence.com

Weather: Warm and dry around 30°C
Currency: USD most of the time though Cambodian Riel can be use
Time difference: 1 hour behind Singapore

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


18.02.2019


Last few hours in Siem Reap le... slept early last night, so woke up early too.
Went out alone while my kid sis was still snoozing.  Tired of hotel's breakfast, also need to give New Leaf Eatery a last visit before leaving.  I am going to miss this little cafe so much....

Had to walk through Pub Street, it was asleep in the morning.  No neon lights, no crowds, no noise, how nice.

Passed by the wet market and kept looking if I need any old school household item.

I was looking for Jambolan Plum, but didn't find any.


Very scary looking fish.

Here I was again after 5mins walk from the hotel.

New Leaf Eatery
 Kratie Monk, Krong Siem Reap 17252, Cambodia

It's my first time trying breakfast here.
Avocado & Egg Toast.  Also Mango Sticky Rice again else the next trip here is not sure yet.  The crew probably remembered me, I was given a free "up size", heehee....

I liked the avocado spread, thick and buttery.  The breakfast hit my quota for lunch also lolxx...

On my way back, I bumped into my team mates.  I accompanied them to do some last minute shopping in the market.  I ended buying a pair of pants, a dress, some incense cones and cooking spices.

It was also my first time to know what's a singing bowl though didn't buy it.

Marinated cockles which looked too risky to try.


We finally had to head to the airport, only to realise that the electric mozzy bats weren't allowed to hand carry or check in.  So sad de... T___T

I decided that I might be hungry on board, so bought Burger King.  It was a painful wait with just one person (from that country) in front of me.  She took forever to decide what to order and then changed her mind, cancelled everything and re-order again.
Buy burger only leh, hello.  I buy abalone also faster than her.  If she is an elderly, I would had helped.  That irritating girl was in her early 20s, behaving as if the earth rotates for her only.  I don't understand why people love to hog at fast food counters so much, it's not the first time but I got a flight to catch my gawd......

It was bright and sunny around 3pm, I hate it but it would be dreadful if it's raining.

Anyway, thank god for the safe flight.
Back to Singapore, we were all very excited for our documentary to be screen on Tuesday Report.  It was 4 days of hard work for the filming crews and they presented the best of this voluntary work trip in 22mins on TV.

Inspiring Stars had received positive and encouraging comments, and some had expressed their interest in joining.  Time flies, after much planning, we will be meeting the public for the first time in a few days!

I started editing my Okinawa photos le, you guys will get to see them soon!  Thanks for the patience and thanks for returning to this blog ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment