expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday 15 October 2023

Japan Day 25 - Harajuku

11/04/2023
Harajuku
 

Nua until shiok then stepped out in late morning.  It was a beautiful sunny day in Tokyo.

Kitazawa's street looked so beautiful to me.
Heading to Harajuku, it was a short train ride, about 10mins.

Took pics of Tokyo Plaza, didn't stay to shop.

The rest would be lots of random pics I took in Harajuku. 

This was Harajuku station, but our hotel's station not the same line with it.

Found IKEA!
Didn't have enough time to look around, I hoped we didn't miss anything interesting.
All the familiar stuffs...

At that time, Singapore still didn't have this DIY long dog bundle set.

Bought this kiwi cone for 50yen, the 3 of us took turns to lick it lolxx...

These mini bags were more ex but colors not available in Singapore.  Managed to keep my hands off them, especially the hot pink ones were so tempting.

Mobile advertisement lorry drove pass with cartoon version of me on it, how cute...
We kept walking into Uniqlo whenever we saw one.

After thousand and one distractions, we finally hit Takeshita Street, the heart of Harajuku.

We found lunch in less than 5mins.


Yoshi Soba, small eatery, ordered by machine with cash.  A couple in front of us took forever as if they were ordering 10 course meal.

Had to collect at counter.

Cold soba with karrage.

Warm soba with tempura and freaking yummy chicken curry for sharing.

Cold soba with pork slice and rice.
Curry chicken was out of the world although soba was it's signature.  But the soba was good too, we didn't dare to eat any soba in Singapore lolxx... all were soggy or too hard.

After lunch was all the interesting shops.
Enjoyed the young vibes.
Let Domo out of my blue sweater cos it became too warm by noon.

DIANA, local brand.

Love at first sight.
Shiny beige, shoe lace in neat bows, couldn't resist any more... bought!

Shoes here were superb, with many designs not seen in Singapore.

I bought DIANA, my son bought a pair double the price of mine, faintz...
Waahaahaa...
Loving every corner of Japan.

Darren found his bro.

Luis walking down a underground shop.

I found my mates too.
Awwww.... goodbye Harajuku.

Walking back to Shinjuku but we took a long route.
I was perspiring at around 25 degrees.
Spring blooms along the way.
Saw this special and sharp looking glass building.
Autumn plant in Spring?
We saw this very very small girl, at the most 6 years old walking back home all by herself.  We were behind her, watched over her for more than 5mins.
Residential area with quiet shophouses.
Back to the main street where it was crowded again.
Walked pass a shrine.

Another special building with external staircase.

We walked from Harajuku to Shibuya Square, my legs disowned me.
Very busy side of Tokyo.
Mother's Day bouquets.

Inside Shibuya Square, forgotten which floor this was.  It's a big rest/lounge area for shoppers, why Singapore can't have space for this?

Where were all the soufle pan cake?  Gave up and went into this expensive cafe to chill, my last time in Japan.
Had a nice dessert and coffee, by myself (the boys went to some game arcade for their last round).
The crowd at Shibuya crossing gave me a headache.

Last shopping.

We found a place without queue for sushi, our last dinner in Japan ( we missed home, but we didn't want to leave either).
Very fresh but with limited variety.
The taste and food quality which we never had in Singapore.

Our bill for 3 pax.
It was sardine packed in the train and I nearly forgotten to alight the train till my kids knocked the window panel behind me lolxx...

Looking at these photos brings so much fond memories.  But I actually have not enough time to "digest" and admire the photos.  I came back from Thailand, didn't even have time to look at the photos... I am in mad rush, booked air tix to Turkey and I am now working on the itinerary (with some hiccups here and there).  I am clueless in the beginning, the routes becomes clearer as I goes along... phew...  My old man gave me a budget of S$3000/pax to work on (excluding cabin upgrades).

I seriously need to slow down next year, get a job earn some keeps before embark to Surabaya.


No comments:

Post a Comment