expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday 20 April 2023

Japan Day 2 - Hiroshima

 19/03/2023
Peace Memorial Park - Atomic Bomb Dome -Hondori Shopping Street.

The real game began, stepping out of our ryokan to soak in Japan.

The place we stay actually faces Enko River.

Chanced upon the local's weekend market along the river.
The most valuable thing about free & easy travels, we get to see how the locals live in the neighbourhood.

This guy wrapping dumplings.

We bought some to try!

Some beef skewer but it's too heavy for the morning.

It's very small scale with just a few stalls, we finished our dumplings and continued with our journey.
I like my cream beige outfit.

Hiroshima Station was having upgrading.
We were heading in not taking a train but to make enquiry at the Tourist Information Center which was inside the station.

We then took a bus outside the station to Peace Memorial Park.

Peace Memorial Museum, that none of us were interested (had enough of history lessons in school).
The park was very nice though, clean, green, sunny but cool weather.  Back in Singapore, I can hardly step out of the house, it's an oven here... I have no idea how I manage to live in this oven for 50 over years.

There was a long queue, someone online told me it would moved very fast though.

After walking pass the museum was a brainless just walk straight.

Hiroshima Victims Memorial Cenotaph.

Flame of Peace (couldn't see the fire from the photo).

Children's Peace Monument.

All done in less than 30mins.  When I share this on a FB group, one ang mo said I should spend more time and pay respect.  KNN, chinese saying 厉害就好,不要假厉害.  No history knowledge talk so much.  Japan started the war, if not for the atomic bomb they were not going to stop.  We asians were the victims, they were not.  The people and children of Hiroshima were very innocent we know, so were the countries and people being invaded without even offending them.
If I pay respect to them, how do I answer to my ancestors?  But it's history, we have to move on...
Japan is now a lovely country, bowing became their culture and habit, perhaps unknowingly they were repenting too...

Let history be a lesson, don't let it repeat and that's the best we can hope for.

We reached Atomic Bomb Dome in another 5mins walk.

We were looking for lunch, chanced upon this udon restaurant.

Everything below ¥1000, great!

Beef udon ¥600.

This hot pot udon had egg and lots of ingredients inside, ¥950.

Chicken Karaage ¥600.
With a tinge of ginger flavor, tender and juicy.

Next visit to Japan, I'll do hair treatment and color, heehee...

Weeeeeeee were in Japan!

The kids went crazy, they happy I also happy lah.   But I made my escape to see my own things later.

Unintentionally, I found my piece of heaven: Hondori Street, heehee...

Seemed boring from the photo, in reality a shopping heaven.  Logically I shouldn't be buying and tugged them all the way to Tokyo.  But then when I reached Tokyo, I think Hiroshima got more good deals, even food is cheaper and better.

Cat tail socks that I didn't buy, regret, I thought I was able to find them in Tokyo, nope...

Why never buy.... haiz...

The place my kids drowned in haahaahaa....

Me looking for Demon Slayer stuffs.

Then... I bought all contact lens here instead of Donki, S$3.30 5pcs daily disposable!  Where else to find sia!!  The cheaper ones color more norm, I also bought some expensive ones, heehee... died in this shop.

If the kids weren't with me, I'll ride on the tram to no where...

Spotted public phone.

This WC became our best memory for Hiroshima.  We regretted not getting more, and this toilet series was not found through out the rest of the places we went in Japan.
So this was our one and only WC.

Play until the damn Orizuru Tower closed lolxx...


Motoyasu River looking like a sleeping beauty.

Atomic Bomb Dome in the evening.

Smiling at my legs which couldn't feel any more.


We had dinner at this pasta restaurant.

Despite of walking till legs broke, my lunch wasn't fully digested.  So I had prawn bisque and buffet bread.  All bread were warm from oven.
Aiyo.... why the pics so yellow, I thought I adjusted the color, urrgg... I no energy to re-adjust already, haiz...

Pasta in Japanese style.
Total damage 3554yen.

Finally back to Hiroshima center, neighbourhood Enko River was stunning at night.

Our Mickey Mouse supper.



No comments:

Post a Comment