expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 25 April 2023

Japan Day 3 - Miyajima Island

20/03/2023
Miyajima Island (Hiroshima)

The entire day only one itinerary, correct - Miyajima Island.
Took pics of a couple of sakura trees in case I couldn't see them again for the rest of our trip, I just didn't feel optimistic about the unpredictable weather.

Hiroshima Station was having upgrading, so next time you guys will see a bigger station with more facilities (and food/shopping).

Our first time getting to know the train system of Japan and this was a good training before heading to the big cities lolxx...

About 30mins ride heading to Miyajimaguchi Station.

Our first time in a train station, we were all very excited, then we were sick of it after one week haahaahaa....

Having Darren behind me.

This cap kinda expand as I wore it and became very droopy, dumped it after the trip.

Didn't even have to look for directions, just follow the crowd to Miyajima Matsudai Kisen Ferry Terminal.

We bought this ferry and ropeway combi ticket which worked out to be cheaper than buying them separately.

Big ferry, if I am not wrong it's called "Aki" with a capacity of 800 passengers.

Excited.

Hiroshima looked so cute from the ferry.

It's so beautiful in real.

About 15mins to reach this famous island.

First impression: wow, what a beautiful island!

Second impression: why so crowded (both tourists and locals) one??  It's Monday right??

I am so fat now that I need to crop away some bulge from my chin, tummy and butt.

A few deers here and there, these super stars were very gentle and very bo chap when ppl rushed to them to take photos.

Beautiful weather.

Totally forgotten to take a pic of the shop front, we had lunch at a okonomiyaki restaurant.

Bar counter seats where they cooked right in front of you.

The kids had pork slices while I topped up with oysters.

Big fat juicy oysters, so shiok.
Lunch was about ¥3180 for 3pax.

Corner of the restaurant had a little white board with the low and high tides of the day written, it's so cute!

Decorative rice scoops of all sizes were sold, these were mini ones.

Enjoyed the shopping street, bought maple leaf waffle to try.

Grilled oysters stalls all over.

Rilakkuma giant rice scoop.

More rice scoops for sale.  Didn't buy any, cute but buy back put where??

Walked until very shiok, totally forgotten we need to get to the ropeway.

Still in mood to lepak some more.

Couldn't resist the ice-cream.

Then bought coffee to go with it, happily thinking we had the whole world's time cos it's free & easy...
Of course it was very enjoyable heehee.....  fat and over 50s.

Darren voiced out that we should buck up, I tried but was still too distracted by whatever I saw.

Damn swee the beach, how to ignore?

Temporary stalls, too full to patronize liao.

Are these photos boring?  I can't bear to delete them...

Grand Torii Gate, medium tight.  It's larger than I imagine.
If I walk across a Torii Gate, will there be a different world on the other side?

Our heart dropped to our feet when we saw this.
We some how managed to find out what they meant was no shuttle bus to the ropeway station, the ropeway still open lah what the hell.  What a relieve but the bad news was we had to walk to the ropeway station.

Miyajima Island was such a beauty, a river we saw along the way.

8mins walk (6mins if run a little) to ropeway station lolxx...  I no energy to run lah.


A deer that crossed our path.

We were so close to nature.

When we reached the ropeway station, couldn't go into it cos there's already a long queue to get in....  and it's one hour...

After an hour was this flight of stairs killing me softly.

Nobody cared about social distancing any more, all everybody wanted was to get in that damn cable car, haahaahaa...
Bye bye!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

Finally at the top of Mt Misen!  Awwwww...... I took many pics but none did the sight justice.

This was just an ordinary wood tent, I just love how it looked, primitive and natural.

Saw a few deers on the slope.  There were some abandon metal fence around, I hope they wouldn't get hurt.

There were more to explore but we had to head down to at least catch the last ferry to leave the island.

Back on land, weeping sakura + deer.
Weeping sakura + me, heehee...

What am I going to do with my droopy breasts?

We didn't even have time to visit the temple.
Will be back to Japan but not sure if I can make it back here.

I approached an ang mo couple to take a photo for us.  That wrinkly old man said they don't touch other ppl's phone (if they had face masks on, I will not ask at all), I wished him enjoyed his holiday but felt so bad that Japan had to tolerate nasty tourists like them.

My silly kid trying to teach a deer how to bow, apparently it wouldn't work without a treat.

We took the last ferry back to mainland with sunset around 5.30pm.
And I said to myself.... "What a beautiful world".

Back to Hiroshima Station, spoiled with choices for dinner, Yakiniku we had.
As you can see it's around S$10 only, half the price of Singapore.

Space was very constrain, so it was eat and go kind of place, but food was great.

Flame was fierce.

Sauce was plenty, FOC ice water free flow.

Bought cheap breakfast for the next day.  At this time, I was already thinking time was moving too fast.

We are going to miss Hiroshima, and this little bar we passed by every time we went back to our ryokan, although we didn't have a chance to patronize...

I am probably going to take 2 months to finish 26 days = 26 posts, and felt like I had done so much yet this was only Day 3.

There were already ppl dead jealous of our 26 days vacay in Japan, we just did what they couldn't for the rest of their lives, too bad that they blame it on me.  Haters are going to hate, but thanks to many sane ones who are here.

Day 4, we moved to Okayama, will post up ASAP.




No comments:

Post a Comment