expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday 21 July 2023

Japan Day 17 - Ueno Tokyo

03/04/2023
Ueno Tokyo

Sorry for MIA-ing for so long, I am back from our 7 days summer vacay at Da Nang.  I have been loading up the photos and you guys will see them once 26 days of Japan is done.  Now at 17th day only omg...

So yup, we were still in Tokyo, our last breakfast at Sotesu Grand Fresa Tokyo-Bay Ariake.

Farewell beautiful hotel...

The amenities counter were almost empty this morning, was wanting to grab a piece of face mask.

Sending our luggage to Mustard Hotel, took with us smaller luggage for our stay in capsule hotel and also to Hakone for the next 4 days.
The new hotel staff took forever to get it done, but still thankful for her help.
Bye big boys.

Last look at the tulips, don't know when will be the next time...

Leaving from Tokyo Big Sight Station.  Even a station has a beautiful sea port view.   Haiz... looking at the carpark from my balcony at home...

Enjoyed Odaiba, which was only a part of Tokyo.
Couldn't bare to leave but excited and ready to see other parts of Tokyo.

Last look of Rainbow bridge.

Stopped over at Shimbashi Station.

Too free during travel.

Finally reached Ueno Station.  Took a quick look at the shops inside, found these crazy cute sponge cakes.
Couldn't resist, bought 2pcs for tomorrow's breakfast.

The next accommodation was our first experience in budget capsule.
bnb+ Ueno Okachimachi S$80 2pax 2nights, one level for male and another level for females.

It's clean but no lockers for luggage.  There were very small lockers for keeping valuables but was too inconvenient, so I kept my money in my bag on my bed.

The shared shower room was next to my bed, I wasn't disturbed, didn't use it during my stay (I went to the public bath).
Everything was clean but I felt uneasy to use the basin with a stranger besides me.
My kids, and I would very much prefer a traditional hotel, although budget accommodation could mean huge savings.
I didn't like crawling in and out, climbing up and down to my bed wasn't for me either, especially after a tired day.

Common space which I used once, sometimes the table was occupied.

The capsule hotel was located above a nightclub in a night life district.  We didn't feel unsafe, didn't hear any loud music whatsoever.

For the next 2 days, I took my bath and onsen in this Shizuku hotel which was only 3mins walk away.  Should had booked this hotel instead, urrggg....

They had a nice rest area which could be used before or after onsen.

The first time I visit, they had an offer of 800yen for 2hrs instead of 1hr.
This was the powder room and that's about it, couldn't take pic of the actual onsen.

My kids abandoned me for shopping and gaming arcade again while I had to go to Ueno Park.
My medicine spilled in my bag, I was having such a hard taking out everything and cleaning it...

Anyway, here I was, walked one round along the pond.

Dried lotus roots accumulated with a bit of rubbish at the side and don't know what were the foam planks doing there.

A lot of sakura trees were turning green, but there were a few late bloomers.
Balls and clusters of pink sakura, looked like pom poms, too cute.
Crazy beautiful.

Got Pasar Malam.
Should had bought these black draw strings urrrg...


Food stalls but I no stomach space already.

Bacon hot dog omg...

Bananas coated with chocolate and rainbow rice, and they were huge ones waahaahaa....

Why I looked so lost??

Grilled potatoes (aka Jack's Place kind).
A bit crowded.

Grilled seafood.

Lots of big black kois(??), a bit scary looking.

Swan boats.
Yup, so this was Ueno park end of Spring.
Green leaves were sprouting to welcome Summer.
But Spring is always better, it's hard for me to appreciate Summer.

Turtle and seagull in a pic.

Kids were screaming for me, so I went back to look for them.

On the way found lots of massage parlours around, regret not trying.

Pic from a random shop.

Local neighbourhood.

Swing into Donki again and saw durians lolxx...

Bought some chopsticks as souvenirs and for myself.

Bought cheese pancake to try.

Nice but kinda expensive for 500yen.

This place was bustling and not touristy.

Luis left to meet up with somebody or went looking for some game arcade while Darren and I found one of the best meal during dinner time.
It's a small eatery with locals eating here after work.  Only stools along counter so it's a "eat and go" place.

Free cold malt tea provided.

Darren's beef with cheese 1254yen.

My pork bowl was only 869yen.  卤肉饭 in Japanese style sia.
Braised pork belly, tofu, cabbage and an egg, rice soak in gravy and was very very filling.  I will come back to this place if I ever come back to Tokyo sia, holy braised buta don...

Once out of Ueno Station, this place is along the main road, probably 5 or 10mins walk away, opposite Ueno park, very easy to find.

After dinner back to capsule, play with lappie a bit before going to sleep.  Could hear the other girls outside walking up and down, busying with their luggage, could hear them using the basin, basically everybody made an effort to be quiet.  So I told hubby couldn't video chat with him these couple of days, heehee...

The next day, we went Asakusa.  Holy crap, I made a mistaken, I was scared and upset with myself... but thank god for watching over, things turned out fine...

Thank you readers for following me to Japan, will see you again in my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment