expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 5 June 2023

Japan Day 12 - Kanazawa

29/03/2023
Kanazawa - Kanazawa Castle Park (金沢城公园)


It's a cool sunny day.

Woke up slightly to go onsen.  It's 1000yen if I am not wrong.
Rest area.
Happy.

After that I went back to hotel to put on makeup before starting our tour.
Passed by this shop with a distorted rabbit on our way to the bus terminal.

Crowded bus, but it's okay for 10mins ride only.  Many girls were in kimono, then.... I also want lolxx...

Here we were at Shusei No Michi Street.
This was Asanogawa Ohashi Bridge 浅野川大桥 across Asano River 浅野川.


I liked how the shadows casted on his white hoodie.


It was difficult to find a proper restaurant for lunch.  There were many cafe selling desserts and gold foil ice-creams.

Found a udon eatery with what seemed a shorter queue.
Throughout our 26 days in Japan, this was the only place where the food went wrong.

My kids had cold udon and soba.

I had this which was big mistake.  The texture of the soba was ok, but the egg white was like mucus.  I only managed to eat half.

After eating half full, continued to walk walk.  Everything was tempting, from handkies to towels to wallets.
I went to a couple of kimono rental shops and they rejected me politely, sad, but never mind.

The buildings were sooooooooo pretty, awwww........
Was able to enjoy the historical buildings without massive crowd.  I hope people can continue to flood Kyoto and leave this beautiful place for the locals..... and me lolxx.....

Unknown shrine.

Looked at how the wooden beam fit into each other.
Then my children "abandon" me again lolxx...
I kinda lepak a while around this area to decide where to go next.
I decided that I should go to Kanaza Castle Park (金沢城公园).

Was on the bus and saw Omi-cho Market, decided to alight to take a look.  I bumped into my kids in the bus stop, laughed die us.
I was kinda late, most stalls were closed.
All the money went to this fruit stall which was still opened.
I bought a cup of rock melon, yummy sweet.
Stayed briefly and hopped back onto the bus.

After 10mins, at Kanazawa Castle Park!
My heart melt...  You wouldn't believe it but I had this beautiful spot all to myself.  There was nobody!!
Smiling from my heart, heehee...
The main road was lined with madly bloomed cherry blossoms.
It was freaking beautiful, my photos didn't do reality justice.
Other than an old couple, I had this place all by myself, I was literally laughing out loud!
It's crazy, where's everybody?!?
My selfie stick/stand fully utilised at times like this!
Found inner peace sia...
The historical wall somehow reminded me of The Great Wall China, this was a mini version.
Even the main road also looked stunning.  Coming to Japan during sakura season was the right thing I did, although I paid so much more for air tix and accommodations.  I saw in my FB ppl going right after I came back, every pic was green and more green like Singapore lolxx...
Not sure where this path lead to, so I u-turn back after less than 100m.
It took me sometime to find a way to cross the road to the other side where I finally see more ppl.
So everybody was here where food was.
I wished I could hug the scenery in my arms...
Pasar malam arh lolxx...

Bought this pancake, 400yen.

I sat at a corner of a staircase, eating with the best view of Kanazawa.

After eating bought matcha milk tea 650yen.
Nice, but too much blended ice.

A few pics of the garden, I think I missed out the best part where entry tix was require.  I was quite tired at this point already.

Ishiura Shrine, mini version of the ones in Kyoto.
Bo lang one, damn shiok.
I love the wood structures very much.
Bread loaf cars, so cute.
On the way to bus stop, need to go back hotel and crush.

21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa.  It was closed, no intention to visit also, just used the toilet only.

About 10mins bus ride, the Tsuzumimon Gate looked amazing from the bus.
The lighting was very nice at night, the dark brown reddish color was lovely.
The glass dome was greenish color at night.
Was back before mid-night else the hotel would lock their door lolxx...

Bought a bit of food for supper.

Thank you for reading and the next post you will be seeing Shirakawa-go.

No comments:

Post a Comment