expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 9 April 2024

15D12N Turkiye/Abu Dhabi - Day 6

 30/12/2023


Cappadocia was colder than Istanbul.

Hot air balloon tour came to pick us up at 6.30am.
We were each given a small bag with packet drink and some snacks inside.
 
It was still dark.  Filling hot air into the balloons under the bright moon.
Climbed into the basket and before we knew it, we were in the sky, not scary at all cos it was so smooth.
Balloons like giant light bulbs.
Probably the most beautiful landscape in the world, Cappadocia Goreme.

View above our heads.

Apparently, we were up faster than most of them but I prefer to have more with us to share the sky.
Starting to look like magic.
Cute little city of Goreme.

Mount Erciyes at the far right corner.
Looked huge, we must be very very far away from it.
Sky in hues of yellow, orange and pink.
I have endless cover photos lolxx...
I woke up too early to do make up, so this face was filtered and it "saved" me.  Nobody likes ugly photos.
Amazing rock formations.
Only very experience pilots like ours could bring us so close to the cliffs.
Life time memory sia...
Looking up at our yellow balloon.
It was breath-taking.
Kiap his hand in sunrise lolxx...

Landed right on the trailer smoothly without a jerk, I had no idea how the pilot did it with such precision.   All those scary bumpy landings I saw in Youtube were jokes, their had lousy pilots, sorry heehee...
Anyway, my legs went stiff after standing for almost an hour and I almost couldn't climb out of the basket.  When I was finally out, a big guy carried me onto the ground lolxx...  It's funny but at the same time, really thankful for him else my old man's arm would had broken by my weight waahaahaa....
I also saw elders at other basket with big guys carrying them down, so I felt better, not so paiseh.

Happy me!

Pic with our deflated balloon.

The moon was still there.

A hot air balloon flight involves a lot of man power other than the pilot.  A few people had to fold up the balloon together.

Champagne celebration for the beautiful and safe hot air balloon flight.
The exceptional experience was US200, I guess once in a life time was enough.  The cost is one factor, the risk involved is another.

Back to the hotel, there were still a few balloons in the sky.

Had a shock when breakfast came.  Everything was for 4pax except for ham.

The fries crazy delicious, it's very soft inside with slight crisp outside.  Why do we have to tahan Mcdonald's back home...

Table was full when omelette came.

Cay (Turkish tea).  Everyday addiction.

Went to the roof top, it was disgusting.  Very disappointed as I booked this hotel partially for the roof top to take some nice photos.  The cushions and carpets were so dirty looking, I couldn't believe it...

Ignored it and looked far ahead.

I was running fever with cough, on the way to the pharmacy.

This rock was the landmark for us to indicate we were near our hotel.
Goreme was super duper beautiful with rock formations as backdrop.

Then I slept like dead the whole noon, successfully brought down the fever.
We paid a local tour by cash (they didn't accept card), we were so cash tight.  Luckily we were able to draw money from their ATM machine.

Then... the sole of my boot came off.
I walked with it anyway.

Decided that it was the best time to try Hamam (Turkish bath) since I hadn't bath for a few days liao.
The lady who scrubbed and bathed me was triple my size wearing disposable bra & panties, and she was no less beautiful with flawless skin and complexion. I wished this could be a everyday affair but it came with an expensive tag of 60euro. Price including sauna and half hour massage, I think we kena chopped but it's ok.
Not able to take photos of the bath, so these were the common areas of the Hamam.

Day light went in, came out dark liao.
Elis Hamam Bath, not too bad if you don't mind to splurge.

After the bath was just the right time for dinner.  Recommended by our hotel, I guess it's under the same boss.
We sat in front of the fireplace, it's warm and felt like a dream.
Very cui in reality, make up by filter lolxx...
Bread and dips were free.

Chicken salad not so nice.

Had warm lemon tea instead of usual cay.

Had beef Testi Kebab.
It's beef slow cooked in claypot with veg/mushrooms in tomato base soupy sauce, very yummy.
Gotten a 10% discount.  Warm hands at the restaurant's lobby area before leaving.

Melissa came to greet us at the hotel's main gate, we let her into our room for a while.

The bed squeaks, wasn't the most comfortable, but I needed to sleep to recover ASAP.

Next day, we had a Green Tour booked with the hotel, walked until I die de lolxx...

While you are reading this, our Mauritius cum Dubai trip is confirmed!  Flying mid May!

No comments:

Post a Comment