expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 19 December 2023

Day 7 Bangkok Thailand

 04/10/2023

Slapped on a lot of makeup, was going to be late for photo shoot.
Pic taken in hotel lobby while waiting for Grab.

Bought this white throw over in Tokyo (gotten a few compliments), old man said it looked like table cloth.

Been to Bangkok so many times but always didn't make it to their Chinatown.
Drove pass it now.

Almost reaching Chao Phraya River, not sure what's this temple.

It was about 30mins drive from Silom to this costume rental called Sense Of Thai.
We had: 1hr photography 2600baht
My costume: 850baht
Darren's: 650baht
And hair: 100baht
Total: 420baht (about S$156)
People online commented that the price was on the high side, they had cheaper at the same area blah blah blah, true but I just wanted the experience and quality to be better.  It's only $156 for 2 pax sia.

The pier was just a stone throw away, all we had to do was to wait for the ferry.
Illusional long legs.

I forgotten how much the ferry tix was but it's really affordable.

I guess this was my only pic of the hair-do.  After the photo shoot, I removed the hair accessories of course and the hair-do remained good till late night.
Good thing that I know how to do simple makeup.  I did had a simple make up course long long ago working in Givenchy, others were self taught.  Not the best but better than bare face.

We were about 20mins late, the photographer waited for us, and was with us for one full hour, it was very nice of him.

Photo shoot was by Aofaum Photography.  I had edited the photos to my liking, loaded a few pics here.

We went into a small aircon cafe for a drink and ice-cream.

Thai tea ice cream with Wat Arun temple motif.
Ignored the lousy service, ice cream was yummy.

It began to drizzle so we didn't really get to explore the temple.  Will be back to visit this historical site if I ever visit Bangkok again.

The photographer told us ceramic plates and bowls were used to plaster onto the wall.
Actually I was surprised that I didn't look too fat with an off shoulder.

Some pics of Chao Praya River.

We took Grab again, it was a 20mins ride to Bubble In The Forest cafe.  This was really far if you had to travel from the center area.
The driver very cute, he asked why Singaporeans like to come here so much, he said he never been inside, it was too expensive for him.

We reached around 2pm for late lunch without reservations, there were no queue either.
Looked very chill, like a luxurious resort.  Need no genius to be able to see that the blue waters were artificial, probably maintained with a lot of chemicals, thus no swimming is allowed.
I was mistaken as a local by a Taiwanese/China family: "你会说华语呀?还说得这么好!"
I was like, okay, thank you, didn't bother to clarify haahaahaa...
I took photos for them, and they took for me too!  My son?  He nua in the tent and refused to move an inch lolxx...
Swee bo?

Nuaaaaaaa......

Nuaaaaaaa X2.
Heehee....

Me in front of our tent, see my monkey inside?

He had pork, I had seafood, ordered grilled chicken chop to share.

Had claypot quail eggs.

We went to their counter for payment, Halloween decors were up.

Total bill.
We aborted Wat Samphran dragon temple and After The Rain Cafe, came back to center area.

Darren went for hot date, I went to join my sis and niece.

We went Siam Paragon, there were no trace of the gun shot incident, as if nothing had happened.
We were not able to find where's the exact location, no shattered glass whatsoever.
That feel when saw Singapore brands in overseas lolxx...
Endless food options here.
Some were really expensive though.

Were we in Bangkok or Tokyo lolxx...

First visit to Gentle Woman.
There was no lift, needed to conquer stairs with weak knees.

The moment I saw their collab with DHL, I knew Gentle Woman wasn't my kind of thing.
Seriously.  Nothing much in store, bags with limited variety, I left empty handed.

Cats not afraid of heights.

Walked around unknown night markets.  That's my pretty niece and shorty me.

It was raining, we had to hide into anywhere that's in front of us.  Mil Toast House was what we saw.
This place was so Muji looking.
They had the most elegant sunny up + luncheon poor man's rice bowl in rich man's price.
It was super delicious, I think they added sesame oil or something in rice, luncheon was brushed with teriyaki sauce.

Warm bread from steamer were soft like clouds.
There were 2 dip sauce, thai milk tea and butter, we literally licked everything, not a drop was left, they were this good.

Shared bingsu, I got brain freeze easily.

The next day would be shopping like what most Singaporeans would do, you guys probably knows lobang more than me.  Same same but different, we went Baiyoke Sky for city night view!

I am running out of time (again).  2 more posts to complete my Thailand travel.  I'll try my best cos it's horrible to bring it over 2024.  Up coming 15 days in Turkey and Abu Dhabi is going to be quite massive.  We are left with less than a week to go, waiting for cabin upgrading confirmation is nerve wrecking lolxx...

No comments:

Post a Comment