expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday 24 May 2023

Japan Day 8 - Osaka

 25/03/2023
Osaka - Kema Sakuranomiya Park and Dotonburi

We stayed in Osaka as a base, making day trips to Kobe, Kyoto and Nara.

This day, we stayed in Osaka, visited a local garden and did what normal tourists do at Dotonburi.

A couple of pics of ibis Budget Osaka Umeda Hotel.
Small but sleek lobby area.
The hotel looked like a service apartment from outside lolxx...
Blue cardigan around SGD12, matching straight skirt SGD19 both from Uniqlo, I couldn't remember at which city I bought them.

The neighbourhood.

Start of the day with a staircase, I hate stairs.
Followed by a few train stops and a long walk to Kema Sakuranomiya Park.

On the way, we chanced upon Osaka City General Hospital, a cafe was just right there, we went straight in for breakfast!
Tourists visit hospital lolxx...
Ham and egg maiyo sandwich with a bit of salad, yogurt and coffee.
Total bill for 3 of us 1520yen.  After filling up, we walked about another 10mins to Kema Sakuranomiya Park.

It's a local park, I don't think we seen any tourists.

Hisho Bridge over O River.

After Kema Sakuranomiya Park, I was done with sakura, haahaahaa.... I had some other viewing venues in the itinerary which I striked off, heeheehee.... 看到要吐了。。。

Had to walk one big round to get into Sakuranomiya Station.

Alight at Namba Station, stepping on the famous Dotonburi of Osaka.
It was overcrowded with locals and tourists, not my kind of place, probably will not re-visit.

Good thing that the sign boards were all high enough, else what we could see were only human heads.

All takoyaki stalls had snake queues.

Thankful for this sign board, I totally forgotten about World Expo 2025.
So I am making plans to Japan in 2025, can't wait.

It was impossible to take a pic without others, so that's all for Glico man and me.

There was a open air concert which added onto the already crowded place.

I found a small Takoyaki by the river, with seemed a shorter queue.

I got my balls within 15mins.  Not sure about other media famous stalls with snake queues, this was good enough, way way better than soggy ones in Singapore.

Everything was expensive in Big C.

Vintage players!  Not sure if they were pre-owned or new.

Spiderman in Osaka.

Very big area to explore and shop, it's less crowded when we moved away from the main street of Dotonbori.

I was possessed and bought at S$39 umbrella here.

Look at the crowd.

We booked MiPig Cafe a few days in advance (rude comments will be deleted).
They were so so so cute, we almost wanted to be a vegan.

If one weighs 10kg, Darren had 20kg on his lap lolxx...
They love human laps and love to be pet and stroke.
They were toilet trained.

It fell asleep on me and I felt so bad to wake it up when it was time to leave.
It's 2310yen/pax for 1hr session.

Walked around Namba Station, unknown mall which we didn't have time to go in.

Benches with neon lights.

The shoes here were crazy, limited editions and designs not found in Singapore.
It was difficult to leave lolxx...
Darren sank inside this thrift store.

LV and Prada, just not for a housewife like me.

Interesting shoe and was KIV-ing a couple of Fila, but they felt so hard and heavy.

Bought a Nezuko sticker here.

Again.

It was still crowded, but I gotten a better pic in the evening.

All restaurants had snake queues.  Couldn't believe this, we almost had to leave to eat somewhere else.

We started to look at the restaurants semi hidden on the second floor of various buildings.  Found Kura Revolving Sushi.
Some idiot took our table else we should be seated within 15mins.  Tried our best to communicate with the staff who spoke zero English.... we finally had our table after another 10mins or so....
Luis cat walk.


Not the best, but good enough.

For some weird season the mini ramen was damn nice.

Ate till burst, bill was 4050yen for 3pax, good deal.

Street performer playing.... what's this blowing instrument with keyboard called?  Then a semi drunk fellow came and danced beside him.
The locals unleased themselves after drinking, laughing and talking loudly like crazy, totally different from what they were in the morning.  Seemed harmless but we decided to stay away from unforeseen trouble and head back to rest.

It would be wonderful if it's less crowded but thank you Dotonbori for having me, it was an eye opening visit.

Reached our hotel, stick on my Nezuko onto my lappie.

The next day I split ways with my kids and went Osaka Castle alone.  Thanks for reading and following my travel "adventure".   It's only Day 8 out of 26, kinda tough for me but I'll get to the last day heehee.....


No comments:

Post a Comment