expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Voluntary Mission at Siem Reap, Cambodia DAY 1 (Part 2)




This post is a continuation from HERE.


19.07.2016


Finally back at Steung Siem Reap Hotel.  I actually had wanted to try a new hotel.  But being any farther away from Pub Street means my choice of food may be limited.
So I was stuck to this hotel again, but it's not a bad thing lah.

Evening, my Cambodian friend was really nice to accompany me for dinner.  Pub Street was the same as it was last year, vibrant and blasting.
The locals are working hard to earn money, tourists eating and drinking hard to spend whatever they have!

Away from the main street, into a less rowdy alley, my local friend recommended this nice little place seated with all the ang mos.
TRATTORIA
Alley West, Pub Street, Siem Reap Cambodia
Tel: 855 12 315911

It's difficult to give directions, they don't have a unit number and the address is only like this -__-|||
This place is really great, and wish you good luck in finding it >.<  I had googled a few maps for Pub Street, however it's a lot more complicating than it's shown the maps.

Seafood Spaghetti USD9.25
Loads of clams, prawns and squid rings with linguine.  Taste was average.

Grilled Seabass Fillet, around USD7.00 to 9.50
It's a boneless big slab of juicy fillet.  I should had flipped over to take a pic of the crispy skin.  Very yummy with a zest of lime.

Spicy Meat Pizza USD9.50
 You may notice the pizza wasn't in perfect round shape, cos the thin crust was hand made.  It's surprising how the pan makes a difference.   I used to think toppings and cheese are what that matters.   This simple looking pizza was so FREAKING GOOD!!

Pana Cotta with mango.
This was creamy and milky, softer than usual pudding.  Quite like it.  Sorry that I forgotten to take note of the price.  But I remembered it's reasonable and surely affordable.

We came back to this Italian cafe a few days later, so I'll be posting more food pics from this place.

Baby needed to sleep, my friends went back after dinner,

I strolled comfortably along Pub Street, it's relatively safe for solo ladies.


Crowded foot massage with an aggressive and persuasive handsome salesman at the entrance, so I was lured in.

USD6 1 hour foot massage (yes, really USD6 only no typo) was good.  Could be more relaxing without those ear deafening music from the pubs.

Look out for the testicle light bulbs on their high ceiling as the landmark location mark lolxx...

The next day was a full day trip to Phnom Kulen National Park, hope to get it done soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment