expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday 9 May 2019

Ta Nei Temple and Bayon Temple, Siem Reap






Day 1 Click HERE
Day 2 Click HERE
Day 3 Click HERE
Day 4 Phrea Khan Temple Click HERE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Destination: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Duration: 5D4N, 14 Feb to 18 Feb 2019
Mode of Travel: Self-organised.  We had 3 private vans for transport and local guide (www.facebook.com/Jeepxplr) who's now a very dear friend to us
Flight: Jetstar
Hotel: Khmer Mansion Boutique Hotel (Apsara Double Pool View Suite - $379) and one night at Khmer Mansion Residence
www.khmermansionresidence.com

Weather: Warm and dry around 30°C
Currency: USD most of the time though Cambodian Riel can be use
Time difference: 1 hour behind Singapore


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


17.02.2019


The 2km forest tracking almost ended.  The final challenge was to cross this rusty bridge.

I guess the bridge was about 10m long, beneath was a shallow stream with a water dam.


I was a little scared, my guide walked in front of me to assure safety (and took cool photos for me).

The bridge creaks, was so afraid that it might gave way.  Wouldn't drown me but I would die of multiple broken bones lolxx..
Brave through it smiling wide to hide that fear lolxx...

The water dam probably lost it's purpose as water level was very low.  Or was it dry season, that I not sure.

After passing the water dam, a short walk for a min or 2, we reached Ta Nei Temple.

It's a baby temple of 55m X 47m built in 12th century.

Like Ta Prohm Temple, trees/figs were grown in the temple.

The little temple was surrounded by stone wall without an entrance.  I was too lazy (actually not confident) to climb over, so only took pics from the outside.

This temple is not as popular among tourists for it's size and also not convenient to access as proper roads for vehicles weren't constructed yet.
But if you are adventurous and curious, needed to get away from the crowd, this is a good spot.  It's quite ruined and crumbled, so just be extra careful when exploring around.

Hopped back to the our van for leg rest and next temple in less than 10mins - Bayon.
This pic was taken a few years ago, full view of Bayon Temple from far.  Since then I had always wanted to come back for a closer experience but some how didn't get the chance.

So I was on cloud 9 to be able to, finally, walked into Bayon.

Besides majestic Angkor Wat, this is another MUST VISIT temple.  It's the only temple with giant buddha faces on towers, distinctively different from other temples.
There were a total of  54 towers (some were already destroyed) which represents 54 provinces of Cambodia during that era.

I am a free thinker but when I looked up at the faces of the buddha, I felt calmness.  I embraced the peace while it last.....


Once we walked up to the towers, it's flooded with tourists, but the cat didn't care.



Like the cat, I tried to ignore the crowd to admire the beauty with respect.


Some buddha faces were more than 2m of height, you have to be here to see them and feel the atmosphere...
Probably this was how holy felt like....





None of the buddha faces were identical, all were unique.

Other intricate carvings on the tower.



What some tourists (including Chinese) did here were quite disgusting.
I gotten this pic online as an example.  I saw many people taking this kind of photos.  They think it's cute when it's ignorant, uncultured, uncivilized, disrespectful.  Just what's in these people's brains?!?  If you are a Buddhist, do you do that at home at your own altar or temple?  If you are not, do you do that to Jesus or Mother Mary??  Really sia.....

BUDDHAS ARE NOT FOR YOU TO KISS.

Getting down.

A stretch of wall carvings before exiting.

Last look of beautiful Bayon.

It's a blessing to be here, my life had been enriched.

After Bayon we were famished!  Had Cambodian lunch followed by Banteay Srei Temple, also called Lady Temple cos it's so dainty and pink!  Do another post for that, heehee...   I am breaking my Day 4 into so many posts, haahaa... shorter post less stressful de.  If you are heading to Siem Reap and needs help, let me know!  Thanks for reading!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for the provided description. I suppose that all obstacles were successfully passed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a unique and inimitable place because it was created a long time ago without the use of modern technology, only each part of the temple was manually created.

    ReplyDelete