expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday 22 February 2023

Day 2, ITALY Rome

 Date: 27/11/2022


Breakfast at Cicerone Hotel.

Offical start of sight seeing, make-up looked the best.  Then as days went by I skipped step by step... by the 13th cui like wet market auntie lolxx...
Pic taken outside the hotel, it was around 7am and the street was quiet.

Itinerary for the day:
Explored by ourselves-
The Supreme Court of Cassation
Ponte Umberto I bridge 
Castel Sant'Angelo
With tour group-
Vatican City
Colosseum
Spanish Steps
Trevi Fountain

Opened google map and lead the way, already wow-ed by the beautiful buildings along the way.

Carpark machine.

Public phone! lolxx...

We had The Supreme Court of Cassation all by ourselves! Build in 1848 and with people working inside, amazing. We were the only ones here with a few locals strolling with doggies.


Obvious fake walk.


Why police station can be so beautiful de...
I was totally attracted by yellow trees.

The pic I took for him.

And this was what he did to me.
I...... haiz.... no words...

Lucky to have this selfie as a consolation.

I didn't care if this place is an attraction or not, it's really beautiful with the maple leaves, the river and morning sunshine, cool weather, everything was PERFECT.

Insane beautiful historical Ponte Umberto I bridge and Castel Sant'Angelo build in the 2nd century, omgosh.... plus fearless pigeon

I decided to put myself in, PapaVoo didn't screw up and pigeon didn't fly away.
By this time we had to head back and I didn't get to look at Castel Sant'Angelo closely.

This was how the local police cars looked like.

Went to a mini-mart near our hotel.


Then we started a short ride to Vatican City.  The bus drove pass the historical sites we went this morning, the guide gave a very brief intro.  Glad that we that we made it there on our own.

Magnificent

A monk.
Crowded but did not take long to get into the church.

My eyes were already very busy at the entrance, there was a lot to see from the ceiling to the floor and walls, I didn't know where to begin.

The following photos didn't do justice to this church.  I knew it was huge, but I didn't know it was so huge that I felt like a speck of dust.  The building with high ceiling, intricated with art at every inch gave me a pleasant sore neck.

Pic taken with pano, so the pillar became curved, still not able to have to entire pillar into the pic.

Happy old couple.
The church was not an white elephant, people were having prayer service here.  With the amount of people, it was however very quiet.  I do not have a religion but if there's god, it's right here.  My heart felt peace and was at the verge of tears.

Little marble pillars looked so exquisite I wanted to scream.
Any sins to confess?

No photos from this point.
Their tombs had full portrait carved on the lid of their coffins.  Not sure how long this might took, or do they prepared their coffins in advance during their life time?

Swiss guards.

Absolutely beautiful weather.


Love the limestone pillars.  Ideally it would be good to spend a day here, we didn't see the museum.  

Going with tour agent is very convenient but often leave with too much regrets.  I don't know why they like to jam pack itineraries for customers.
Moving on to Colosseum to see the exterior only.
Although I had knew before hand that the tour didn't include entry into the Colosseum, I couldn't help to feel upset.  The local tour guide gave us a long history lesson and showed us photos of the interior
 when we were just a couple of meters away from the entrance.  Nice salt rubbing...  
I am not sure when I can make it back to Italy...

Arch of Constantine, resembles Paris's Arc de Triomphe
The area would easily takes up another day, but we left in an hour.  So much money spend yet so much regrets, made me even more determined to do Turkey free & easy, no matter how difficult it is going to be.......

Childish locks, but it's good to be childish.

Rome it's a museum itself, historical sites one after another within walking distant.

Lunch venue, in this super cute pink white building.
Xmas vibes, simple yet rich.
  I was so in love with the buildings in Rome sia.
Xmas flowers were real with fragrance, not faux like Singapore.
Ambience and settings that gave me high hopes.
They even prepared menu cards.
Bread came cold on semi formal table.
Penne on the hard side, but still good.
Chicken breast looked better than it taste.
However dessert never disappoint.
Xmas in overseas was the greatest blessing.  I am really fortunate, my old man is annoying but I am still very very grateful.  All these came with a high price tag, he didn't have a money printing machine, all hard earn money.

After lunch was a incredible trip to the Spanish steps.  Have to praise the tour guide for this genius arrangement, we came from the top instead of climbing up 174 steps, it's good for most people.  Though it was a bit painful for me to get down, but managed slowly with excitement.
The place was huge, maybe bigger than foot ball field but it was crowded!  At that point of time, I forgotten about Covid, f**k it.
As you could see, nobody wore face masks here.

The crows crowd!!

Trinita dei Monti, 16th century church.
Don't know where all these people comes from, soooooooo.... many people.

Perfect pic of modern Xmas tree with historic church, stunning.

Ice-cream, hoohoohoohoo... we were so happy (price aside).
Pistachio and salted caramel.

It's really busy here, there's too much to see around but too many people hindering.

Trevi Fountain was majestic, but I was in a hurry to get out of the crowd.
It was impossible to take a nice with this historic art, probably the most beautiful fountain in the world.

Roasting chestnuts!?!
Suggested to PapaVoo that this could be our retired life here.

We then walked through the streets like a herd of sheeps to dinner.

Wanted to buy penis pasta, we thought we would chance upon it again but we didn't.

Dinner venu.

Fish fillet on anyhow sauce and messy salad, I do better.

Tiramisu was nice but the portion was tiny tweeny.

After dinner, checked in hotel.

After bubble bath slept early cos it's pass mid night in Singapore's time.

Too old for toy, but this was too cute.

Will try my best to churn out more posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment