expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday 24 February 2023

Day 3 ITALY, Rome, Pisa, Florence

 Date: 28/11/2022


Another enjoyable weather.  I am now typing this with my back drenched with sweat in 30 degrees.  I hate the weather here.  It's a torture, old man said I too fat, urrggg.....

Itinerary for the day:
Tower of Pisa
Baptistery of San Giovanni
Piazza della Signoria

The hair color did not last it's now like milk tea color, the green is gone.

The travelling fell into this routine of breakfast - coach ride - toilet break (desperate shopping) - sight seeing - lunch - sigh seeing - dinner - hotel check-in.

Shouldn't had so much breakfast, these looked crazy yummy at a toilet stop.

Walking to Tower of Pisa.
Stalls in turquoise cones looked so cute.


A building opposite the Tower with beautiful raw bricks which I was having problem to take pic with. 

Battistero di San Giovanni.

Finally seeing Leaning Tower of Pisa with my own eyes!  It's not as tall as I imagined it to be but it's very very slanted!  Waaahaahaahaaa.....
However, iphone "act smart" and straighten the building to a certain extend, so the actual tower it's much more tilted than it was in photos.

Pic taken by tour mate, damn funny lolxx...

Lunch was near, was like 3mins drive from Pisa Tower.

大酒楼, laughed die me, it was quite small nia.


China dishes, not fancy but at least wasn't oily, so it was good.

We walked into alleys a lot.

Baptistery of San Giovanni.
See outside only, never went in.  Stunning marble building, looked as if it was drawn by markers or color pencils, very cool and intricate.

We saw an ang mo couple did this photo shot, so we copied cat and looked so wrong lolxx..

Piazza della Signoria.
We didn't want to be rude, so we stood by the local guide to listen, he went on and on for more than 1.5hrs.  No time was given for photo taking.  The following photos were taken when I realised that I had to be rude to walk away.  This was one of the reason which I would not go back to EU Travels.  I never had such unpleasant experience with Chan Brothers or with other agents.  I love Italy but the "history lessons" drove me nuts.  What normally tour guide would do was to tell stories/history during the bus ride, once we reached the attraction, we were set free to roam till the time given.

So very sadly, my impression with this place is very faint, I hardly see anything, I couldn't remember a word from the local guide, I only have these few photos.

I was very unhappy.

Pinned my hopes too high for steak dinner.

Linguine.

And this was exactly what they served on my plate - LEFTOVER CUTS FROM OTHER STEAKS.
Well done.  I was beyond pissed.  I was too tired and too busy arranging for my Japan trip, I spared them with complain but that's my first and last with the restaurant and EU Travels.

Dessert was some small slice of 1cm thick cake, I was so done.



No comments:

Post a Comment