expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday 5 February 2023

Dinning in Abu Dhabi and a few in Dubai

 


During my one month stay in Abu Dhabi, I ate breakfast and dinner at home most of the time.
These were places I went to between Mar to Apr 2022.

Food Court
The Galleria Al Maryah Island (Abu Dhabi)
Level 2

This was the most beautiful food court I ever seen with different fast food.

My baby sis's office was nearby, we meet up during lunch time...  for KFC lolxx...

I had no idea who said fried chicken at UAE was the juiciest.  Anyway, it's not bad, we couldn't remember when was the last time we had KFC.
I couldn't remember the price but it's about the same as Singapore's.

The Galleria is a atas mall like our MBS.  Scroll down I had a few more to share.

Al Wahda Mall Food court (Abu Dhabi)

Another fast food I tried was Popeyes at Al Wahda Mall, it was delicious and I was the only chinese there lolxx...

World Trade Center (Abu Dhabi)
3rd floor

It was Ramadan during my visit, the mall was so quiet that it became almost eerie.  This stupid old man in grey shirt kept talking crew about his family problem.  The poor girl tried to ignore but he wouldn't stop till half an hour later, that chef also ran away to hide in kitchen.
Other than that old man who wasn't even a customer, I had the whole restaurant to myself.  Seafood pasta and chicken salad for 1 pax but was good for 2pax, couldn't fnish, should had requested for take-away, AED49 only.


Almayass
The Galleria Al Maryah Island (Abu Dhabi)

This was my welcome dinner.  It's a Lebanese Armenian restaurant, that said, but I was clueless.


It was a windy night but people here loves to sit outdoor.

We had a nice seaview.

Some salad.

These puffy bread came warm and soft, delicious, not sure what were they called.

Falafel, vegetarian balls.

BBQ platter with pita bread, omg.... yummy.
Nice food, awesome ambience.  After one month's stay, I realised that all fancy restaurants comes with sea view.  Service is way way way better than Singapore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ten11 Beach Cafe
Location: along Yas Island Beach (Abu Dhabi)

Along the beach was one whole stretch of cafes and restaurants, spoiled for choices, I went along with my baby sis and her friend to Ten11 Cafe.
I love the private beach here, missing it so much, but the food here not cheap.

Yas Island private beach is absolutely beautiful, brunch with this view was superb.

Spam my face, you need to know the blog owner lolxx...  I think I over do my makeup oh gosh...

Avocado & Egg Ben toast AED39

Lentil soup AED32

Eggs & Labneh AED44

Sesame bread came with it I think.

Eggs Ben on waffles, sorry I lost the price for this.

Next, we hopped into Coffee Architecture.



 Could sit here for the whole day doing nothing, heehee...

My sis's friend ended up buying one load of coffee beans from them, so we were given bands as gifts.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Fish Market Restaurant
Intercontinental Hotel (Abu Dhabi)

Another restaurant with private beach, I was totally spoiled by my sis, felt bad to let her spend so much.

Beautiful place, but after sunset we ate in darknes lolxx...

The dinning concept was very interesting, you get to chose the ingredients and the method of cooking.
Seafood section.


Oysters.

Lobster was really huge although couldn't really tell from the pic.

Chilli ladies finger, love it to bits, couldn't believe we still could had this dish in middle east!
Huge damage of AED620, would be almost half if we didn't have the lobster.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Coya
Four Seasons Hotel (Abu Dhabi)

My sis pampered me a lot, this was another high end dinning with sea view.

Love the guacamole prepared at the table, it's my first time having it.  Baby sis said it wasn't the best though.

Signature drink - pisco sour.  It's a fruity alcohol cocktail.

Cheers to sisterhood, cheers to sunset, cheers to Abu Dhabi.

Cheviche.
Wow-ed by the presentation.

Sirlon steak and the broccolini was freaking delicious.

I was so happy...  come to think of it, I really sibei 好命。

Complimentary desserts from the Chef cos sis kinda know him. 
But still needed to pay a whopping AED1250.

To make it worth it, washed hands with soap generously and used the hand lotion generously lolxx... (no idea why is Aesop so expensive).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meydan Hotel (Dubai)

The hotel was so quiet during our visit.  They had massive indoor tables but there's nobody.

We sat outdoor overlooking the racing course, for horses and..... camels!
It's extremely expensive to maintain grass in a desert, I don't know how much water and money they had to pump in.

No racing events, we were there at the wrong season I guess.  I think the hotel would be fully booked if there's a race lolxx...

Mixed platter of finger food AED100

Lamb chop AED150


The Terrace on the Corniche
St Regis (Abu Dhabi)

This was the most unforgettable meal I had in Abu Dhabi.  St Regis had a very lush lobby, took photos X100.

Dessert and bar area.


The spread was an eye feast.

Oysters, though not the biggest but it's sprayed with whiskey, waaaaaaaaaa.... I tell you..... DIVINE!!
The mini tabasco is damn cute.

Tomahawk and foie gras platter came pipping hot upon order, high-light of the buffet.
This is highly recommended.  Hope to visit again bringing my old man along.


Lips Cafe
Marina Mall (Abu Dhabi)

Not much food option in this quiet mall, and this was very decent.

My sis had vegetarian pasta.

Mine was beef Bolognese, both were great.

Al Fanar
Yas Mall (Abu Dhabi)

The restaurant is located right besides Ferrari World.  If I am not wrong, they have another outlet in Dubai opposite Dubai Mall.
We were the only non-locals there, heehee...

We ordered a seafood platter for 2pax, thank god we did, cos look at this, the portion was more than enough for 4 girls!  We couldn't even finish the rice lolxx...

The samosa here was crazy DELICIOUS!  We ordered another serving.
We ordered chicken soup (no pics), it's really something to avoid, heehee...

Forever Rose
The Galleria Al Maryah Island (Abu Dhabi)

This pretty 2D illustration cafe is located at the basement.

Chemical was injected so the rose never dies.

While photo taking was really fun, coffee and cake were served in disposables which was the biggest turn off for me.

Glad that this post is out, I have one and a half months more to Japan, yay yay.


No comments:

Post a Comment