expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday 11 February 2023

Shopping Malls and supermarkets in Abu Dhabi/Dubai

 

During my one month stay in Mar/Apr 2022, I've been to all sorts of malls.
Other than Dubai Mall filled with tourists, malls in Abu Dhabi were filled with expats or locals.

Al Wahdah Mall

A neighbourhood mall with some locals and mostly expats.

There's a small IKEA here, usually quiet, the locals aren't crazy about it (cos it's not expensive enough, I am serious).


Abu Dhabi Mall

Another mid-range mall, my sis comes here for keyboard lessons.

I had lunch here once.

Had massive shopping.

H&M with apparel and household items.


Carrefour Reem Mall

This mall was very new during my visit around Mar 2022.  They are building a "Snow City" within which is expected to be an attraction.

Other than CARREFOUR, other shops weren't ready.

Almost had the supermarket all to myself lolxx..

Seafood section with LED TV as backrope, UAE is so rich...
Supermarket nia, but I was excited as if I was in Disney lolxx...

Whole goat at the chiller... oh myyyyyyy...

Pillow size popcorn.

Super attractive sandwiches.

Almost bought the kebabs.

I think it's one stretch of milk and one stretch of yogurt.

Happy full trolley shopping, heehee...


We Mart Chinese Supermarket

This supermarket was life saving.  My sis didn't need to stock up when she's back in Singapore.  Cos this mart has almost everything a chinese need!
Frozen durian if one is desparate.

旺旺,there's 康师傅 too!

Live seafood, the thing was, I didn't expect to see chinese words in UAE lolxx...

The Galleria and WaitRose

This is a atas mall, visited by tourists and locals who are working around this district.  Fine dinning, food court and shopping is massive here.  We got lost numerous times despite of numerous visits.

Fresh produce in this supermarket was very very expensive, dry products like coffe/tea were ok.

Totally satisfied the OCD devil in me.
Damn neat.

Decathlon here is more expensive than Singapore but it has more diving gear and camping items.

Love this huge mall to bits though I may not be able to shop much.

Depending on which section and floor, the public toilets had advanced fixtures, nice hand soap and hand cream.

All the rest rooms in malls were spotlessly clean, on par with Japan.
The ones in The Galleria were stylish.

Sunset could be seen inside the mall.
Sunset within modern architecture merge seamlessly, it was breathtakingly beautiful but nobody stopped by to admire.


The Mall World Trade Centre

This mall was huge, with a super crowded LuLu Supermarket.

I chanced upon Rituals body products, ever since I couldn't resist their luxurious bath foam.

Gold Center

My sis didn't even know about this place, I found it accidentally on google map.  Since I wasn't going to the gold shouk in Dubai, I thought this might some how make up for it.

We went back 3 times and never seen any tourists or chinese.
They had both modern and traditional designs for gold as well as diamonds.  We realised that diamond is a lot cheaper in UAE than in Singapore, designs were better too.  We bought so much lolxx...

Besides the Gold Centre was a 3 storey furniture mall.

While I couldn't buy furnitures, there were very pretty candle holders, cushions, kitchen ware, and a lot of household items just like IKEA but in a complete different style.  Within the furniture mall, there's a small Daiso lolxx...

IKEA Yas

This IKEA was as huge as the ones in Singapore, located in YAS Island, very near Warner Brothers.

Food menu was completely different.
I bought fried rice back home, it was not bad at all.

Deerfields

They had a mini exhibition of vintage cars but I don't know was it a temporary or permanent event.

The mall was very quiet probably due the pandemic at that time.

Marina Mall

Fairmont Marina Hotel looked amazing located next to Marina Mall.


The Carrefour here was very futuristic, payment could be made by scanning and paid through phone app, no more queueing and waiting at the cashier.

YAS Mall

Super huge mall very many interesting shops and restaurants.  Lots of locals, ie. kinda high end.

We didn't have enough time and this is the mall I needed to come back, very very much.

Ferrari World is located in the mall.


Dubai Outlet Mall

I didn't find it particularly attractive but my sis said she bought a lot of things during her previous visit.

Last but not least will be Dubai Mall which I did a separate post HERE.

I am finally done with UAE posts, will be working hard on my 13D11N Europe post.  Target to finish at least 7 days of it before flying to Japan in mid Mar.


No comments:

Post a Comment