expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday 17 February 2023

13D11N ITALY/SWITZERLAND/FRANCE - Day 1

Prologue:


I wanted to do free & easy very much for Switzerland as it was a very safe country.  However I was clueless about Europe and dealing with PapaVoo's anxiety was the last thing I wanted.

While I was still in my thoughts, this came along:
Needless to say PapaVoo was very excited, while he didn't say it out, I knew he preferred guided tour.
Although it's going to be a touch and go kind of tour, I thought it would be a nice orientation to see how Europe's like and be more prepared for future free & easy trips.  PapaVoo paid for everything (a splurge of over $12K for both of us), it's only fair that he called shots.

I must be getting old, the crowd at Natas fair around Aug was giving me a headache while PapaVoo loved it.
We bought the package from EU Travels, they quoted very high price for business class flights and not doing upgrading for customers.  I could only hope for the best for this celebrity tour, I really dreaded the 14hrs flight.

Excitement set in 1 month before the trip.  We bought some new clothes and made sure we brought enough medication lolxx...



Date: 26/11/2022


Our elder son drove us to the airport at 7.30am, 有儿真好。

The old man was running all around the airport like a small boy, talking with people and don't know what, while I sat at a corner to stare at the luggage.
Over the check-in counter, I asked for an upgrading, not possible cos it was a full flight to Dubai, wow...

After gotten our luggage checked, we had breakfast at Starbucks with really ugly croissants.
We left the crowded Starbucks after eating and I found a quiet spot to daze while the old man went all over the place.  He fidget a lot but the good thing was the energy died down very fast since he didn't know how to conserve lolxx...

Our flight, Emirates Boe-A777.  I wanted to try A380 double deck so much.
Upon boarding, I asked the purser again, it was a full flight, I was so going to die on the economy seats.

I had some very cute video but all wouldn't play, so I had to delete them *sobs*

Time snailed...

Food was comforting though.  This was chicken for the main.
This was rendang beef.

Emirates chocolate with elegant wrapper.

One of the crew accidentally spilled apple juice onto my shoes.  Actually, it wasn't a big deal after wiping off, no stained no nothing, I wasn't bordered.  He was very apologetic, probably fear that I might lodge a complaint (that's what Singaporean's are famous for).  He gave me a pair of slippers from First Class and Bvlgari amenity kit from Business Class.
Okay, more than happy lolxx...

I was really exhausted.  Touched down Dubai and we had only an hour and half to catch the connecting flight.

It was a marathon and we didn't even get to see Dubai airport properly.  Part of me wanted to reach Rome ASAP, part of me wanted to stay in Dubai lolxx...

Another boeing A777.
At the boarding I asked for upgrade and was quote USD1,700.  Glad that we gave it a miss, saw the seats and we thought they were so small.

Touched and kissed Dubai goodbye.


I had window seat, the clouds looked amazing with sunshine turning them into gold.

PapaVoo watched soccer.
I realised I didn't take pics of the food, oh well.  The guy (in our tour group) next to my old man was a vegetarian.  Despite of arranging for vegetarian meal, nothing was prepared for him and his family.  The crew even suggested him to just take the chicken with rice and scoop the chicken aside.  Jaw dropped cos I never seen such a stupid crew in my life.  The first leg from Singapore to Dubai we had warm service.  As for this batch of crews from Duabi to Rome, we tried not to interact with them lah.

It was difficult to sleep sitting straight, tried my best to comfort myself with the soothing lights...

Egg sandwich and muffin before boarding, sibei full already sia.

Hello Rome at 6pm.

CiCerone Hotel with only 1 small lift, other than this annoying part, the room was decent.
A lot of our tour members went around for supper, we weren't hungry and crashed to bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment