expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday 21 September 2024

Kuala Lumpur 7D6N - Day 3

20/08/2024

Morning, intended to go to a Michelin bak kut teh but we ended up in a wrong restaurant.
The wrong restaurant went very wrong as the bak kut keh wasn't flavourful and the meat was tough, we didn't even finish it.

The chye po omelette was ok though a bit oily.

Chives was not good.
The meal was miserable on a rainy morning.

This Michelin bak kut teh closed on us (next to the one we ate).  But later my KL friend told me it wasn't fantastic anyway.

We saw this Lost X Found Cafe opposite the lousy cheena filled restaurant.

We had coffee which mend our broken hearts from the lousy meal.

We had card game which we read out the questions on the cards.
We answered them, talked about the pass, our vision for the future and a lot more which we never thought of.
The bonding time over coffee was great and I wouldn't mind to come back again for a good meal.

Finally ready to set off, it was a 40mins drive to Putra Mosque.  All pink, not too big, build in 1999.
Rental of robe with cape was free, I didn't bring my own abaya and hijab with my greatest effort to travel as light as possible.

Scenery around the mosque.

Federal Government Office building.

It wasn't possible to walk, we couldn't find any connected route, took a cab and reached Astaka Morocco in 3mins.

The following photos were taken within the free admission areas.
Building materials were imported from Morocco, and skilled Moroccan artisans were also brought in to maintain the cultural authenticity.
While the area wasn't big, the intricate artistic structures were stunning and very photogenic.

The following photos were the inner part, paid RM3 to get in, nothing much to see but was able to take more photos.
Crazy de, took so much photos lolxx...
Bought this tunic dress in H&M at Mont Kiara.  It's so light and comfortable, if I had known, would buy another print of dark blue and white.
We spend about an hour in Astaka Morrocco before heading back to city center.  Considered ourselves lucky, didn't rain during these 2 excursions heehee... 

Dinner at another Michelin, chicken rice since 1938 but was a disappointment.

We were convinced that all (or most) Michelin in KL were CMI.
Chicken not as tender as expected, though didn't taste too bad.  We filled our stomachs for dinner anyways...

Bill for 4pax.

Then we all went separate ways again.
Took a 5mins walk in and out of Jalan Petaling cos I wasn't too interested with the things that they were selling there.

Was trying to look for the 鬼仔巷, didn't see the main thing and it started to rain again.
This time I was drenched just to get into a mama shop for shelter and to buy an umbrella.

Luckily it's still relatively warm even with the rain.  It rained cos it wanted me to visit Leat & Co. Cafe.
So here I was seeking shelter inside.

I chose to sit at a glass table with vintage sewing machine at the bottom.  I paddled, thinking of my late mother, she was a seamstress.  I had never stop missing her, she had passed on for 26years...  I always secretly wished she could be with me wherever I travel.
We couldn't afford to travel while she was alive.  When we all were finally financially better off, she left to a better place for many years...  It took us so many years to be financially stable... It's a sad truth that there's no hope in life in poverty.  Money can buy happiness, grant wishes, provide better support in studies and in all aspects.  Haiz...  so I missed my mother lah...

Inside of the cafe was deliberately rugged.

After being "cheated" by the KL Michelins, I wasn't sure if the awards were legit lolxx...

 Korean Citron Mojito, very nice and refreshing but nothing korean about it.

Cromboloni Biscoff.  Reminded me of Baymax.
Super duper yummy wheel shaped croissant with cream and melt marshmallow inside!  If coming to KL again, I would like to visit to try other items in the menu!

落汤猪 with her dessert and drink haahaahaa...
The awards I saw earlier were legit.

Probably not the cheapest but was still good if compared to Singapore.

When the rain finally weakened, called Grab cab back and that ended the night.

Next day, Day 4, I went TRX to meet up a KL friend then to Pasar Malam Taman Connaught.
I had started work but good that I found time to blog, thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment