expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday 2 March 2023

Day 8 Interlaken, Lucerne

 Date: 03/12/2022


Good morning at Lindner Grand Hotel Beau Rivage.
Sleep on the biggest pillow ever which had the same length as the single bed. The normal housewife pillow looked so small against it lolxx..

View from the window was beautiful and we realised we could climb out of it!  Decided to do it the next day, not sure if it's "legal".

Marble flooring with hotel's logo.

Breakfast area.

Jam dispensers.

After breakfast we went out to take pic with Xmas tree, then we started to walk farther and farther away unintentionally.

Build in 1874, the hotel was so glorious.  It's amazing how well it's kept.

Snow alphs as backrope throughout.

This was a church nearby our hotel with a small Japanese garden in front.

Madly in love with Interlaken.  I looked so slim here waahaahaahaa....
l

Wore only 1pc of light fleece turtle neck at 1 degree.

Me after 10mins, needed to ran back in.

River in turquoise color called Aare besides the hotel.
Not an attraction but stunning enough to take my breath away, why so beautiful de....

Little shrubs were frosted with ice.

Me going to turn into the fattest ice bar alive lolxx...

All normal again with my cream jacket on heehee.... pic taken at the entrance of the hotel.

Couldn't get enough of the surroundings, every where, every corner, every inch was photogenic.

Memorable photo with Lindner Grand Hotel Beau Rivage.

Pics taken at the side entrance/exit of the hotel.

Any idea what are these trees called?  I seen them every where.

Took pic with milk cow opposite the hotel lolxx...

The milk cow was at this nice building, not sure if it's a hotel or residential.

Inside the hotel had some vintage furniture.  This was probably a study table now used as a brochure stand.

Seeing live Xmas tree made me very happy, wouldn't be able to see any once back in Singapore.

Small gym in hotel, exhausted everyday, how to gym sia...

The hotel had plenty of photo spots.

It's joyful and enjoyable to take photos of beautiful scenery, and small little things.

The small lobby area was very cozy.

Time to set off, the herd of us were walking to the train station, it was 5 to 10mins away only.

Heehee..

We were going to Luzern.

There was a family at the opposite platform saw WangLei and they ran over to take photo with him sia lolxx...

Quick pic before the train moved.

Train ride with famous couple.

We were waaaawaaaawaaaa.... all the way.  I thought Japan is beautiful, Switzerland is X100.  If not for the high cost, I wish I can visit every year sia.  Swee until beyond description de...

Moving on, the grass were covered with ice and thus the apple green in color.  I had never seen such scenery online, ppl only post the snow alps.  It's very very unreal, like magic.

We finally gained freedom here for lunch and visit Chapel Bridge at our pace.

Switzerland was so clean.

Many chiong to buy Rolex, old man and I don't wear watches.

I was so happy to be able to walk around aimlessly.

The area was bustling like Orchard Road.

Loving ang mo buildings, they just looked so romantic.

There was a big sign board to remind shoppers to beware of pick pockets, oh myyyyyy...

We walked into Manor, a departmental store, and realised that they had a cafe, so we went to see.  Very crowded but we managed to find a table.


We pick up whatever food we want from the various counters and paid at the cashier.  I was instantly transformed into a maid to serve the King, running about a few times sia urrrggg....

Quite fun lah anyway, one thing about my old man he's not picky and will eat whatever I pick for him, he's a very easy King to serve.

I gotten a burger steak with rice 

Cordon bleu.

I gotten a nice big piece of tiramisu to share.  Reminded me of those miserable portion of tiramisu provided by EU Travels...

I remembered how happy I was then, now smiling looking at all these photos (on top of the excitement of counting down to Japan, I am going to burst de...)
Total cost of meal Fr37.90.

The cafe had a roof top dinning area, it was drizzling, couldn't enjoy the view, took a pic and had to get back into shelter.

Took a quick spin around the store.
Smiling silly.

Almost forgotten about the Chapel Bridge lolxx...
Historical bridge since the 14th century, pity that fire broke out in 1993 and destroyed many paintings inside, the reminding few paintings were kept away liao. Still beautiful with peaceful river, mandarin ducks were swimming, some birds were flying (I so scared they shit on me though).

The fruits were expensive!

We chanced upon small Xmas market.
Fascinating to look at though I didn't buy anything.

I "died" in Rituals lolxx...

Love the cobble stones pavement, not wearing heels, not a problem.

Not sure why I took this pic when I actually bought a Fila backpack here.

Xmas in the air.

Climbing santas, too cute!

We chanced upon traditional cow bell ringers walk, got video but it wouldn't load haiz...  I was being chased around by this black fellow, but all thanks to him, I didn't know I could ran lolxx...

Freedom was short lived, back to the bus to another destination.
Walking to the Lion Monument.

Wow....

Show off my photography skills a bit...

I could only selfie.

The lion was way bigger than expected and it looked so sad so sad...
It commemorates the Swiss Guards who were massacred in 1792 during the French Revolution.

Making our way back to the hotel, it was very misty, the scenery became very dreamy, totally out of the world, like fairy tale.

Photos taken during bus ride, could cry at the beauty.

Back to Interlaken.

We really didn't expect ourselves to be craving for rice so badly, as in we don't eat rice everyday back home.  Anyway, this chinese dinner was about SGD80, Boss Joe/Wang Lei foot the bill.

Steam veg with soya sauce lolxx... faintz..

Sweet sour pork was not too bad.

Dumpling soup.

Good night.




No comments:

Post a Comment