expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday 24 March 2023

Singapore to Japan - Prologue & flight

Prologue


Japan opened their borders some time around Sep/Oct 2022.  I couldn't wait but I had to wait for the sakura season.  3 years ago, I planned for a 12 or 13 day trip, cancelled with tears, now I had my revenge making it a 26 days trip, it's crazy lolxx...

As soon as I was back from Europe early Dec, I started booking for air tix avoiding budget airlines at all cost (I don't want all those last minute delays and numerous cancellation drama, rather pay a bit more).  Darren was waiting for the school's reply for an oversea programme at Melbourne, so I had to go ahead to buy tix for Luis and myself first.
Settled with JAL and they were very very, extremely generous with baggage allowance.

Once done, I started booking for accommodation for 26 days.  We couldn't be staying at one place but I had to find out how many days to stay would be practical for each city.  I probably grown a big bunch of white hair from this oh gosh haahaahaa....

Darren's school did not reply, we all presumed he wasn't chosen and went ahead to book his tix in Jan.  One week later, the school give him an invitation, sadly had to decline.  Anyway it was an extremely short trip for only 7 days but a whopping cost of more than $3K.

PapaVoo refused to join us for various (invalid) reasons, even for a short while.  Although this was his choice but I felt very very bad to dump him all alone at home, haiz..... my old baby.

These are our routes!
Although 26 days sounded a lot but it was not enough to cover all, missing Okinawa, Kyushu, Tohoku and Hokkaido.  We will be going to the "mains" like what majority of the people will do and also some off the tracks hopely to avoid crowds.  So day by day, we will bring you all with us, maybe you may find some useful things to copy some and paste onto your own itinerary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Destination: Japan

Duration: 18 Mar - 12 Apr 2023

Mode of travel: Free & Easy

Travel buddies: 2 adult sons

Airline: Japan Airlines (JAL), SIN - HND approx S$1200/pax + upgrade to Premium Economy return flight S$200/pax, HDN - HIJ S$100/pax

Accommodation:  We have altogether 10 places, capsules, hostels, ryokan, atas/budget hotels range from S$22/night per person to S$180/night per person, so we will get to experience both heaven and hell lolxx...  I will go into details on each post de...

So here we go!!!
.
.
.
.
17/03/2023
Changi Airport Terminal 1


It's amazing to travel from the best airport to another best in the world.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

18/03/2023

I bought a 2am red eye flight (by mistake).  Technically it's Day 1, but I'll do a separate post for after alight, heehee...

During check-in I tried to get an upgrade, sadly it was a full flight.


Economy class are all the same, nothing to rave and nothing to rant about the seats.   All was what it should be, no masking tapes of course.  Breakfast was served 2 hours before landing, only salmon flakes porridge was available, no other choice.
Porridge not too bad, didn't eat the wasabi potatoes, puff and yogurt.

Ground landing and it was raining, haiz...

There were 1 staff : 3 travellers to assist on filling up their vaccination status and other particulars on Japan Web Site.  From what I see, 2 flights arrived around the same time, we cleared the immigration within 15mins, the luggage took longer though, the efficiency was still very impressive.
After waiting for 3 years, I made it to Japan, finally...

When you are reading this, it's my 7th day in Japan.  Each night I would load up the photos, there were so many AAE files to delete everytime.  By the time I was done, it's close to mid-night and I had to crush to bed.  Managed to churn this out only for the time being.

Any questions please leave a comment, I'll answer at my best knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment