expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Secret Wellness - a hidden gem in Hougang

*sponsored



My guts must had gotten over my brain (but most of the time I don't know where's my brain also, hur hur....).
I actually agreed to try (刮痧) Gua Sha Facial.

This is traditional Gua Sha (刮痧) on the back.
Image credit wikipedia.org

 Imagine all these red marks on the face....  Dreads even if it's temporary >.<
Great.  I'll just 与世隔绝, stay at home and be a good housewife after it, temporary, I thought.

So, one last look at my face please (although it's a bit "cui")

Following the given address, I arrived at a Chinese Physician instead -___-  Stunt.  I checked my phone, checked street directory, checked email, correct leh.  Confirm + Chop, wasn't my blur-ness this time, I was at the correct address!  The lady inside the Chinese Physician smiled at me, so I walked in to ask where's the beauty salon Secret Wellness.  "The address is correct but you have to go from the back door." the friendly lady replied.

So there.  Despite of the big panels, it's still pretty hidden.
The flight of stairs was scented and seemed very secretive...... no wonder it's called Secret Wellness.

Here's Secret Wellness!
Image from www.facebook.com/secretwellness

The bed where I laid for the unknown experience..........

Scary looking Gua Sha (刮痧) tools.

Poke poke....

Scrape scrape....
It certainly needs to be very skillful to exert the correct amount of pressure onto face.  Each time the therapist pressed down and lift up the Gua Sha(刮痧) tool, it seemed that she was "sticking" up all my tension and stress, then lift them away.  NO PAIN, NO REDNESS!  My entire head and face has never felt so light before!  Intensive SHIOKNESS!! I am hooked!!

Heehee..... face and eye mask applied, another dose of Halloween ^^


Benefits of Gua Sha Facial:
During the treatment, temperature of the skin may be slightly.  Using traditional Gua Sha techniques of pressing, stroking and scraping, various acupuncture points are being stimulated, contributing to the following:

* improve blood circulation
* encourage detoxification
* generate cells renewal
* strengthen skin's immune system

Visible Results:
* reduce water retention
* firmer looking skin
* reduce puffiness around eyes area

I "divided" my face into half, one side big and one side small.
It's pretty obvious that which side was being was Gua Sha-ed.


75 mins Face & Eyes Gua Sha includes:
* Double cleansing
* Scrub
* Eye Trimming
* Face & Eyes Gua Sha
* Face Massage
* Face & Eye Masks
* Ampoule
* Scalp Massage

Secret Wellness's signature Face & Eye is S$68, FIRST TRIAL $48.

Photo with the founder Wise.  Her 女豪杰 kind of character left me a deep impression.
No nonsense, no fuss, no nagging, no sales talk.  Love the way she runs her biz, just like the way I run my nail biz ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Secret Wellness is CaseTrust accredited where customers' interest are protected.
Image from www.casetrust.org.sg

Secret Wellness Pte Ltd
683 Hougang Avenue 8
#01-895 HDB Hougang
Singapore 530683
(use back entrance to 2nd floor ;)
Tel: 6387 7729



Disclaimer -
Please note that I am not affiliated or in any way linked to this brand.  Review is based on my own experience. Product may or may not be suitable for other individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment